The primary focus of this position is to manage client relationships and provide service to existing customers by entering orders and ensuring accurate and timely shipment. Customer service both before and after the sale will be required. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) acts as a customer advocate while supporting the Outside Sales team in their sales and relationship efforts. ISRs are required to use product knowledge to generate solutions that meet customer needs and company objectives.
Take a tour of Tyler Union here.
Tyler Union, a division of McWane, Inc. has a century of success in manufacturing and selling ductile iron fittings, joint restraints, and valve boxes for the waterworks industry. This is a salaried non-exempt position with an excellent benefits package with health, life, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation, and holiday pay.
All candidates offered employment must submit to a drug screen, physical, background check and be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Handle inbound calls from established customers regarding pricing and estimated delivery time-frame based upon knowledge of firms’ production and delivery schedules.
- Order entry; including new orders, changes to previous orders, return authorizations and credits.
- Serve as internal support for Outside Sales team, including quotations.
- Work closely with internal team members to ensure high customer satisfaction, including the Production and Shipping Departments to coordinate the manufacture and delivery of product.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Partner effectively with The Outside Sales Team to drive territory coverage and maintain positive distributor relationships.
- Post-sale follow through including communication with distributors to confirm expected delivery dates and back-ordered items.
- Accomplish department and organization goals by exploring new opportunities to add value to the ISR position.
- Work with Outside Sales to identify and develop strategies which support new and/or existing sales opportunities.
- Performs various other miscellaneous sales and service related duties as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous Customer Service or Inside Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the manufacturer/distributor supply chain process desirable.
- Strong computer skills necessary, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication, organization and people skills.
- Self-motivated, assertive individual who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills required.