As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Accounting Managers’ primary responsibility will include oversight of the accounting operation and reconciliation processes, including daily/monthly operations, and supervision of on and offshore staff. Position will play a key role in providing accurate, valuable information to support Management decision making and implementation of various projects in support of including Finance and Enterprise strategic initiatives.
* Supervision and oversight of accounting operations and reconciliation processes include reporting on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Assist in the implementation of reconciliation on Blackline reconciliation tool and Finance Revitalization project, support and drive process redesign as part of these changes.
* Continually develop, expand and improve processes and procedures for accounting operations, including but not limited to reconciliation, fixed assets, invoicing, and other processes support needed within the team.
* Manage associates within the function including goal setting, performance planning, feedback, appraisals and development planning
* Develop, monitor and comply with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
* Support the interim and year-end financial statement audit
* Lead and coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting, treasury, and operational teams in support of Finance and Corporate initiatives
* Research and advise on various accounting topics and transactions, as they arise
* Lead and monitor offshore team performance and metrics
* Project work as assigned
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
* 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
* 8+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry.
* Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle software is a plus. Proficiency in software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven environment, to work independently and effectively in team environment.
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal
* Strong problem solving and analysis skills with a focus on improvement processing
* Professional designation such as CPA preferred
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
* Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
* Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
* Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
* Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
* Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.