Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role:
Opendoor’s entire business relies on a solid data foundation – and the Data Infrastructure team is the owner and steward of that foundation. While real estate data is a complex and challenging domain, it is our job to make sure that we provide a world class data set to power our pricing capabilities and machine learning algorithms. Just a single piece of incorrect data can cause home value to swing by hundreds of thousands of dollars! Additionally, our real estate data allows us to make crucial business decisions, expose useful information to our customers, and analyze market trends.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing large amounts of real estate and transactional data in batch and real time to generate a highly accurate world class data set.
- Understanding how to quantify uncertainty with our data.
- Deriving fields from unstructured data (e.g. extracting data from home photos and satellite images with computer vision algorithms and extracting data from MLS remarks with natural language processing).
- Performing analysis to ensure our datasets are robust and reliable for machine learning and business use cases.
- Working with data processing technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Pytorch, Jupyter, and Pandas
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 2+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- A deep understanding of data processing technologies such as SQL, Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL scheduling technologies
- The ability to propose and test hypothesis to problems, and drive toward the best solution whilst starting with incomplete information
- Experience with building resilient and reliable systems or data pipelines
- A focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
- Experience working with AWS, microservice architecture, Python/Go/Scala, Kubernetes
- Experience working with GIS Data
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
– Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
– Flexible vacation policy
– Commuter Benefit stipend
– Generous parental leave
– Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.