The Corporate Account Director role is a highly visible and critically important position within the company. This position will identify and develop working relationships with key decision makers in the operations and management of formulary coverage and designated targeted accounts within an assigned geography to ensure patients have access to the Aurinia portfolio of products. These accounts may include Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Corporate and Regional Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), State Medicaid Programs, Hospitals, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Federal Accounts, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Specialty Pharmacies and other emerging markets, as appropriate. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence and educate the formulary and/or purchasing decision-making processes at all levels, including Directors of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, and C-Suite executives. This position will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategic objectives and provide cross-functional leadership and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at all levels, including C-Suite executives, for the purpose of gaining appropriate patient access while maximizing sales of Aurinia’s product portfolio
- Develop and implement strategic plans for optimum product positioning within each targeted payer customer in assigned geography including: PBM’s, National and Regional Commercial Payers, Government, and other target accounts as defined by Aurinia’s market access leadership
- Support strategic plans with defined tactics and objectives to move payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access for the appropriate patients
- Become an expert in Aurinia’s drug portfolio and disease states with the ability to educate and ensure optimal pull-through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs including HUB, distribution, co-pay support, PAP, and other access program offerings
- Collaborate with Medical in the development, coordination and deliver of clinical presentations and value propositions with the goal of appropriate access within national and regional plans
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption
- Compliantly lead case-management responsibilities with a high level of communication and coordination with all relevant field-based personnel that directly impacts patient gaining access to therapy
- Collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with the managed care execution of the overall corporate strategy
- Collaborate with sales organization to educate on regional access and coverage for Aurinia products in addition to helping resolve unique reimbursement challenges that may arise
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives
- Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data and incorporates understanding into decision criteria
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
- Able to act as an articulate advocate for the market access team.
- Creative / innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize data to provide strategic direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required
- A minimum of 8-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience in sales, management, marketing, managed care or other relevant commercial function
- National Account Management experience is required with existing payer relationships in a given geography
- Prior account management experience with Specialty Pharmacy customers
- Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines, deliver on all administrative requirements, and execute on business plan initiatives
- Ability to skillfully communicate and negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external customer, while working within an ever-changing managed markets, payer, and corporate environment
- Project management skills (leading without authority), with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and business partners
- Establish strong internal relationships and provide on-going clear communication to ensure clarity of access positions and support pull-through efforts
- Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic I tactical planning, execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success
- Up to 75% travel required