Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES)
The incumbent provides technical leadership and is responsible for establishing the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems and/or infrastructure. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. Leads or contributes to designs applied to all aspects of business systems and/or infrastructure prototypes and eventual implementation. Performs work of high complexity and derives logical processes based on technical platforms. Engages in performance/integration testing, problem analysis, business and technical analysis. Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines, serving as a mentor to others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain policies and standard procedures for all IT services.
- Manage relationships and projects with consultants and managed service vendors.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, VPNs, Internet, intranet, wireless implementations.
- Manage and set priorities for the sourcing, maintenance, and installation of all office technology, including workstations, laptops, printers, desk phones, mobile phones, keycards, and alarm systems.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure and endpoint systems and services; including Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, Single Sign On, Microsoft Intune and SharePoint Online.
- Supervise and contribute to a team of staff that operate Help Desk and perform all day-to-day IT operations.
- Oversee Help Desk to ensure that service is timely, professional, and meets standards and guidelines, providing team feedback and coaching as required.
- Help prepare and maintain departmental budgets.
- Ensure reliable and secure access to applications by monitoring and proactively optimizing the performance of servers, applications, and networks.
- Update and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Proactively maintain service packs and patches on all servers and workstations.
- Manage employee training and reference materials for all new systems, technology, and applications.
- Ensure system upgrades or modifications are made with minimal downtime or disruption of service by planning, automation, and thorough testing.
- Maintain network and computer security with policy enforcement, patches, antivirus, spam filtering, spyware protection, and intrusion prevention.
- Track and control IT assets throughout their life-cycle, including inventory, preventative maintenance, and replacement.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in IT or a related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT Operations.
- Experience in operating GxP validated computer systems.
- Pharma (or other regulated industry) experience preferred.
- Excellent project management and vendor management skills and experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work while remaining flexible.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.