Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
We are searching for a Director, Distribution, and Pricing to join our team reporting to the VP of Market Access. This dual role will 1) coordinate all activities to contract, implement, manage and optimize the distribution of our products to the patient and 2) be responsible for internal pricing activities including establishing and leading a Pricing Committee, developing innovative contracting strategies (if applicable), managing contract administration of rebates/discounts (if applicable), serving as lead on government pricing policies and submission of required price reporting. This role will work closely internally with Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial Operations and Market Access and externally with our distribution partners (3PL, Wholesalers, SPs, SD, etc.), HUB vendor, Government Pricing vendor.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly collaborative, detail-oriented individual who is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Help design, support, and execute the trade and distribution strategies, activities and services for Aurinia marketed products that yield optimum channel access with most efficient cost structures
- Managing contract agreements, addendums and renewals with 3PLs, Wholesalers, Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributors.
- Work with our Corporate Account Directors to manage the relationships with our SPs, SDs, and other strategic partners in a compliant manner and ensure that they adhere to contractual requirements around services level agreement and other identified performance metrics.
- Conduct onsite training and continuous review of the Aurinia distribution service model including serving as the lead training resource on distribution for the commercial team, distribution and patient services partners.
- Manage state licensing and renewals with third-party consultants.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing team to support product supply and channel inventory forecasting
- Manage day to day operations and activities with 3pl, Specialty Pharmacies, and Specialty Distributors.
- Help build out and manage a HUB service model with Patient Services leadership and ensure that distribution partners are seamlessly included in the overall service model
- Leverage and optimize partnerships with internal functions including all departments within the commercial group, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, pharmacovigilance and legal.
- Ensure distribution partner compliance with all Aurinia SOPs pertaining to pharmacovigilance and quality compliant reporting
- Create, implement and lead a US pricing committee to set innovative pricing strategies and make pricing recommendations that align with broader market access goals for Aurinia marketed products while demonstrating acceptable value for the therapies
- Work with outside vendor to ensure they have a continuous flow of pricing information required to compliantly calculate and prepare government prices such as the “Best Price” (BP), “Average Sales Price” (ASP), Average Manufacturing Price” (AMP), the “Non-Federal Average Manufacturers Price” (NonFAMP), “Federal Supply Schedule” (FSS) price, and the “Public Health Service” (PHS 340B) price.
- Ensure these price calculations are signed-off internally and reported in a timely manner.
- Establish and manage all existing government program contracts/agreements
- Manage the ongoing renewal of any required state licenses for distribution
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate and on-time payment of all rebates and fees associated with rebate contracts for Managed Care Medicare Part D Coverage Gap, TriCare, and Medicaid.
- Provide monthly timely and accurate input to the Accounting department for proper booking of accruals and other related entries on gross-to-net.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of Commercial contracts: manage all chargeback transactions and member lists, and pricing changes.
- Ensure compliance with contractual terms, conditions and obligations throughout all customer channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years Commercial Biotech/Pharmaceuticals industry experience a must. Commercial product launch experience preferred.
- 5+years of specific experience in working with specialty distribution models, specialty pharmacy(s) and trade and distribution management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical pricing structures with the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently.
- Highly knowledgeable of the government pricing policies related to AMP, Best Price, 340b, FSS, and others.
- Proven ability to partner with and coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues resolutions and projects to conclusion.
- Excellent project management and written and verbal skills.
- Possess unquestioned integrity and strong business ethics and ensure rigorous corporate compliance in all activities and communications.
- Strong understanding and commitment to customer service.
- Excellent Power Point, Excel, Visio skills – ability to develop a strong graphical message to report on the group’s performance.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to contribute through open channels of communication and fostering collaborative relationships.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time.
- Deeply committed to accuracy and pride in attention to detail and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.