Successful Media Sales Team in Search of Leader
We are a self-driven team who represent NEWS CENTER Maine in Bangor Maine in search of our next Local Sales Manager.
Each of us has a role to play and we hold ourselves accountable to meeting and exceeding our goals. You won’t have to worry about that.
Our ideal Local Sales Manager would be a cheerleader, motivator, problem-solver, and an idea person. You negotiate and mediate. You need to know when you can color outside the lines and be unafraid to tackle confrontation when needed. Most of all, you need to be able to listen. Not asking for much, but this team deserves the best and we won’t settle for less.
This is a high energy position. We’re not looking for someone to sit behind the desk in front of a computer screen. We need you in the field with us and involved in the community.
What’s in it for you? NEWS CENTER Maine is a statewide news organization whose mission is “To make life better for Mainers.“ That is not just a plaque on the wall, we live it every day. And at NEWS CENTER Maine WLBZ 2 you will be supported by a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We like to have fun. We like each other and we think that you would like us too!
So what are you waiting for? Click the link and get started. We’re eager to meet you!
- To lead and support team of local Media Consultants in achieving and exceeding local revenue goals
- Inclusively recruit, retain and effectively train a diverse group of top-notch Account Executives and Account Managers on how to sell our mix of products in a consultative fashion.
- Assess sales team in different situations; provide timely/relevant coaching and conduct/recommend appropriate training; lead by example.
- Go out on calls with the sales team and provide feedback.
- Be active in the community and formulate relationships.
- Develop sales strategy for your team and everyone on the team to reach revenue goals for the station
- Ensure top-shelf service is provided to all accounts
- Hold teammates accountable to KPIs while maintaining a positive culture
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification
- Supports sales staff with ride along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process.
- Recommend/ conduct appropriate training as needed.
- Motivator, problem-solver, and an idea person. Must be a high energy individual.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.