We are wild about people that share a love for animals! Join our paw-some group of veterinary professionals as a Full-Time Veterinarian at University Veterinary Hospital in Berkeley, CA!
University Veterinary Hospital is a full-service animal hospital providing comprehensive pet healthcare serving the Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville, Oakland, Richmond, El Cerrito and El Sobrante areas for over 30 years. Led by veterinarian Dr. Jas Mattu, we pride ourselves on providing the best care offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, and dental services using progressive, modern medicine and innovative technology. To complement our doctors, we have an experienced support staff and a strong leadership team to help in your success to deliver the best care to each pet and pet owner!
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Active, non-restricted veterinary license in California
- Comfort or desire to grow in the surgery suite (soft tissue, dental extractions, spay/neuter, etc.)
- Experienced veterinarian or recent veterinarian graduate ready to provide passionate care
- A passion for building a trusting relationship with clients, colleagues, and community
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and access to several lines of supplemental health insurance
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Employer-sponsored VIN membership (or other membership subscription!)
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.