FMI is a recognized leader in the manufacture of high-temp composite materials. FMI produces components and products that serve a range of applications from industrial insulation and friction hardware, to thermal protection systems (TPS), rocket motors & nose tips. We supply government agencies, prime contractors, and industry and are growing at a rapid rate.
We invest in our employees. And believe that living and working in a stable, safe environment is key to career success.
Why Biddeford, Maine? It’s gorgeous, an outdoor coastal and mountain paradise! And it’s so close to the bustling coastal cities of Portland, ME & Portsmouth NH, and within 2 hours of Boston.
Your Role: Looking to grow a career in manufacturing? This is the right start for you! FMI is looking for a safety and goal orientated team players to help support our manufacturing team in a climate controlled environment. This position hand weaves carbon fiber materials in 3 & 4- directional weaves. First and second shifts available! You choose the schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm or 8am-4:30pm or 3:30pm-12am.
- Perform repetitive hand weaving tasks including using tools and applying physical force to weaving fixtures.
- Make needles, spools, and perform associated utility jobs.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met.
- Lom set-up, rodding, weaving functions, documentation updates, in-process compressions, and frame installation.
- Must wear safety shoes and safety eyewear.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide Lean improvement initiatives
What you’ll get from us!
- 1st shift: $16.25/hr
- 2nd shift: $16.25/hr plus 10% shift differential
- Flexible schedule with weekends off
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 8 paid holidays
- Medical, Vision and Dental (effective on date of hire)
- 401k for retirement savings with added company match
- Quarterly Bonus
- Career advancement and development
- Tuition reimbursement – set yourself up for future growth!
And the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of materials science…
What we need from you!
- High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Pass a physical (vision & lifting) & drug screen
- Great hand-eye coordination
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team and independently
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write
- Possess basic math skills. A basic math skill test will be given to candidates
- Manufacturing experience/exposure preferred
- Able to stand for long periods of time
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.