At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices and materials stay together…by tearing them apart! We are a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services material testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components.
Due to continued growth, Instron has multiple opportunities for skilled machinists to work in our busy Binghamton based machining center. Key responsibilities include:
- Set up and operation of CNC machines to machine complex parts, working from blueprints and following program readouts.
- Observes performance of tools and makes necessary changes and adjustments, including tool offsets.
- Constantly monitors proper operation of machine and quality of parts. Uses measuring and inspection equipment such as micrometers, scales, verniers, micro-hite digital measuring system, and depth gauges to check parts to specification with assistance from supervision and higher-level machinists.
- Performs secondary operations such as drilling and de-burring if machine cycle permits extra activities.
- Responsible for keeping tools, work area, and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
Successfully candidates will have machining experience together with the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, without direct supervision or written instruction.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and focus on always working safely.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, program readouts, and set-up instructions. Knowledge of basic shop math, usually associated with a technical high school education.
- Knowledge of all required measuring tools and the ability to use them properly. Understanding of machine shop and N/C terms, normally acquired in a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Mechanical ability and manual dexterity to be able to perform all required duties with ease.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive pay and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program. We are pleased to offer you a sign on bonus of $1,000. This bonus will be paid in one lump sum after 90 days of employment. This signing bonus is taxable, and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.