Follett has been a trusted partner to Pre-K and K-12 schools, districts, and college campuses for more than 140 years, taking care of the critical details that make it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach and students to learn.
Every day, we serve over half of the students in the United States, and work with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We’re higher education’s largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent.
Oversee Apple Department operations, such as inventory and visual merchandising, while adhering to contract with Apple and other licensed products. Hiring, training, and developing team members in these disciplines. Coordinates sales promotions with the Home Office and manages execution in the store. This position also assists customers and suggests selection of computer products based on knowledge of current products and familiarity with manufacturer’s offerings and product reviews. Demonstrates knowledge of Follett systems and strategies Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, RCMS, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values – Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Drive strong customer initiatives focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide leadership to the employees of the computer products department including assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- May oversee technicians and repair operations, ensuring team members obtain and maintain appropriate certifications as required by licensing contracts.
- Diplomatically manage multiple commitments to customers, staff, and operations. Assist customers in finding computer products.
- Manages the special order functions and notifies customers. Provide solutions to institutional buyers through developing strategic partnerships with campus contacts and key decisions makers within the institution.
- Evaluates and proposes appropriate orders to achieve sales goals and ensure inventory levels are meeting vendor requirements and campus expectations.
- Analyze sales trends and report to leadership. Continuously develops own knowledge and ensure staff is developing current computer/technology products keeps abreast of the Company communications.
- May call vendors to verify price, availability, or order status. Interacts with the Store Manager and Home office on promotions, author events, sales, budgets, and procedures. Coordinates storewide promotions with other departments as appropriate.
- Promotes cross merchandising standards with the Course Materials Department Manager.
- Meets with faculty and staff to promote store services.
- Works with the store manager and home office to develop strategies to impact sales and contribute to the profitability of the location.
- Keeps up-to-date on current computer/technology products industry trends by reading newsletters, reviews, and keeps abreast of the Company communications.
- May be required to acquire and maintain additional computer certifications.
- Checks that WinDSS ticketing processes are followed and that all merchandise is accurately ticketed.
- Verifies that cashiers are using the correct sku numbers for special events and special orders and that dump skuing is kept to a minimum.
- Conducts and audits inventory cycle counts. Monitors the scanning rate analysis and with the store managers assistance drives the improvement process.
- Act as a liaison the Home Office regulated processes related to Return-to-Vendor (RTV) receiving and scanning.
- Maintain systems of customer data, purchase orders and invoices in accordance with existing store policies and procedures.
- Provide timely billing and collection of payments, monitor accounts receivable ageing status.
- Verifies that shelves are organized appropriately, stocked and meet the Visual Merchandise Standards guidelines.
- Actively creates and executes a calendar of events, both corporately driven and local, to promote the sale of computer products.
- Sets up displays to promote seasonal, school and special event recognition days or weeks.
- Pulls computer products from shelf for returns allowing following the RTV procedures.
- May manage the store in the absence of the store manager or supervise other departments from time to time. May open or close the store.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 2 — 3 years previous trade computer products experience desired.
- Advanced computer products knowledge. Typically requires approximately 5 — 8 years’ experience in progressively more complex function or business. May include 1-3 years’ experience as Supervisor.
- May have advanced degree in area of expertise.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.