The Activities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities and services that meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psycho-social well being of each resident to promote and maintain the residents’ sense of usefulness to self and others while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory and organizational standards.
The incumbent performs job responsibilities without posing a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of him/her or others while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures of Christian Care Communities and within the parameters of the Organization’s mission, vision, and values.
* Develops and coordinates the implementation of preliminary and comprehensive written plans of care for residents, identifying problems/needs and goals of the resident, and participating in discharge planning and resident assessments.
* Completes the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) which consists of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Version 3.0, the Care Area Assessment (CAA) process, and the RAI Utilization Guidelines
* Assures appropriate charting documentation of activity related forms and assessments
* Participates in community planning and public/special events related to the interest of the facility and the services and needs of the residents and families.
* Plans, schedules, and supervises activities/events for residents which provide entertainment, intercommunication, exercise, relaxation, intellectual development, sensory and utilization of their talents.
* Encourages participation in activities insofar as practical.
* Operates activities/events within budgetary limits/allocation for program services.
* Encourages residents’ religious participation, coordinates needs with Chaplain, schedules and attends religious services, and provides spiritual material to residents on their request.
* Plans and supervises activities for room-bound residents including writing letters, running errands, reading and securing material for residents with sensory and hearing deficiencies.
* Arranges transportation to outside events/activities when necessary.
* Executes all décor needs from replacement of home furnishing to seasonal decorating.
* Develops a written plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted by appropriate authorities.
* Develops and submits written plans for any changes consisting of the elimination of, or addition of, any services as requested by the administrator.
* Obtains prior approval for requests or changes from Executive Director or designee.