Hive Media Group is looking for a highly motivated Web Developer with an expert grasp of PHP and WordPress Development. The ideal candidate is a true self-starter capable of working in an autonomous environment with minimal supervision.
About Hive Media:
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a people-driven news and entertainment company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring content properties, which allow us to cultivate solid relationships with our communities, technology experts, and advertising partners. Our platform provides AI optimized campaigns across dozens of native, social, and programmatic ad networks. When paired with highly verticalized publishing platforms we are able to deliver the most focused content with the best ad experience to users anywhere in the world.
As a Web Developer, you will be working alongside our top-notch development team building new WordPress plugins and improving existing plugins/themes. You will also need to collaborate cross-functionally with the Media, Content, and Product teams to execute their vision and put the best version of the product forward.
- Strong knowledge of PHP/HTML/SASS.
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
- Experience building custom WordPress themes/plugins that are database driven.
- Understanding of WordPress coding and security best practices.
- Understanding of web performance best practices (e.g. analyze and optimize critical rendering path).
- Working knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience with Git, Gulp, JSON-LD and Node a plus.
- Possess an ambitious work ethic.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Not afraid to seek help and ask questions when necessary.
- Someone capable of creating a clear plan of action and follow-through.
- Must be able to abandon a project and move on when it is no longer optimal to pursue it.
- Eagerness to learn new trends and technologies.
Why Work for Hive Media?:
- Work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan, with employer-paid contributions.
- Paid holidays each year.
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off).
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee machines, healthy and indulgent breakfast foods, and snacks of all kinds.
- Daily catered lunches and “family food truck day” twice a month.
- On-site gym & game room.
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.
- Passes to a local yoga studio.
- Free monthly car washes.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily require the use of telework. Hive Media Group may require employees to return to regular, in-office work in accordance with state and local public health guidelines. Some “perks“ will not be available during telework arrangements.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee will be required to talk or hear. This job operates in a professional work environment and will routinely use standard office equipment. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The employee will frequently be required to stand, sit, uses hands to finger, reach with arms, type, handle, or feel.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.