Our Administrative Assistant – Receptionist is responsible for the front office administration including answering the office main phone line, screening and transferring calls to relevant parties, greeting clients and guests, and general office support. The candidate should be a friendly, detailed, energetic and proactive individual who desires to work with people in a fun, fast paced, professional organization.
Top Line Responsibilities:
* Greet clients/ callers both in person and on the phone in a cheerful, personable and professional manner in line with our mission of creating great experiences.
* Provide an extraordinary client experience by demonstrating attentiveness to clients needs.
* Provide a cheerful contact for the internal staff and promote a positive work environment.
* Ensure that the office is kept in a neat and clean condition and reflective of a professional work environment.
* Assist the professional staff with their daily administrative needs, mailings, auto logs, time entry, etc.
Front Office Management:
* Open, prepare and close office each day making sure that conference rooms are orderly, mice and keyboards are working and that all equipment is turned off at the end of the day.
* Answer and maintain a multi-line phone system; directing calls to the appropriate party throughout the office.
* Complete Ad hoc projects – Prioritize and manage multiple initiatives or projects simultaneously, and follow through in a timely manner.
* Coordinate shipping/receiving all packages through FedEx, UPS, courier service and regular mail, and distribute to employees.
* Manage office and kitchen supplies.
* Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of office and kitchen area.
* Must be willing/ able to run errands on behalf of the firm.
Qualifications: A strong candidate must have:
* A minimum of 5 years consecutive (one employer) experience in front office administration in a professional environment (law firm, CPA firm, Dr. office, Arch/Engineering firm).
* A professional, polished appearance and demeanor at all times – this is non negotiable.
* Demonstrated experience with multiple specialized computer programs (more than MS Office products).
* An outgoing personality and desire to participate in a fun, but professional work environment
* The capacity to have a dialogue with team members and clients that demonstrates sincere caring
* Strong comfort level with technology and learning new programs
* Thrive on busy phones and lots of activity – must be able to successfully handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
* Outstanding professional communication skills both written and verbal
* Patience and ability to manage diverse personalities
* Detail oriented and be a natural organizer
* The desire to make your environment neat and inviting
* The flexibility to work late hours if needed
* The ability to keep smiling no matter what the day brings
* Current valid Drivers License with no violations or restrictions
Applications should only be submitted via our website.
Carr, Riggs & Ingram (“CRI”) regional CPA and Advisory firm is the 3rd largest CPA firm in the Southern U.S. and growing rapidly. CRI believes in hiring talented individuals and investing in their futures by providing opportunities for professional development and career growth while also enabling our team to maintain the work life balance they seek.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.