Textiles Formulation Chemist
Huntsman’s Textile Effects Division is now searching for a new Textiles Formulation Chemist for our site located in Charlotte, NC.
As the Textiles Formulation Chemist, you will:
Product Formulation & Applications
- Evaluate Technical Feasibility for new projects to form a new business case
- Create a priority list of projects together with local management group
- Develop and formulate new products according to local business case
- Perform and support screening & application testing of new developments
- Modify existing products to improve cost & performance
- Conduct studies on long-term stability of products
- Set specifications for used RM & locally developed products
- Supports the Regional Marketing Manager in product cost calculations
- Documentation of all relevant steps for different stakeholders
- Organization of everyday lab management in accordance with lab owner (TR)
- Observance and compliance with HUNTSMAN safety and EHS regulations and guidelines
- Supports the introduction of new developmental products into production
- Project management, understanding and leading end-to-end stage gating process
- Support alternative Raw material implementation
- Design complex studies of different formulations of a particular product, minimizing the number of replicates while maximizing the amount of information obtained
- Interaction with various internal technical stakeholders and external manufacturing units to formulate products and execution with mutual coordination
- Ensure agreed results and timelines for the projects in pipeline are met
- Prepare communication, internal reports and necessary summaries on project activities and implementation
Skills and experiences required:
- University degree in Textiles, Chemistry, or related technical degree with 10+ years of experience in Textile Chemicals Formulation & Application
- Work experience in Pretreatment, Finishing, and Dye Auxiliaries is a great benefit
- Knowing the Central America textile Market (preferable)
- Worked in the past with US Textile Brands (preferable)
- Languages: English, Spanish also preferable
- Formulation/chemistry skills are essential
- Ability to analyze experimental results, draw conclusions, and propose logical next steps to reach corporate goals
- High personal and professional communication skills: Written and oral, including the ability to communicate clearly with other chemists and scientists, as well as nonscientists
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to for Company’s Data Privacy and Protection information.
All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in ““ and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at .