GPM Investments, LLC or GPM based out of Richmond, VA together with its subsidiaries is the largest privately-owned company in the convenience store channel of business operating approximately 1,400 stores in a total of 21 states. Our stores offer a large selection of grocery items and many other products to suit the needs of every customer. Some locations offer a wide arrange of proprietary food offerings ranging from fresh made salads and sandwiches to healthy, grab-and-go meals.
GPM has many career opportunities throughout the company with positions available in our stores as well as our offices located in several states. We are always looking for energetic, customer oriented individuals. Many employees have built their careers in the stores working their way up the ladder taking on corporate positions in their field of choice. We strive to be the premier convenience store and make our locations a great place to work.
Are you interested in working for a fast growing convenience store chain with a career in mind? If so, we are interested in YOU!
We are currently seeking Sales Associates/ Cashier to join our GPM Team.
* Greets customers in a friendly manner as they enter the store. Provides fast and efficient service. Thanks the customer.
* Rings customer sales using an electronic cash register. Receives money, gives correct change. Refunds cash for returned merchandise and/or exchanges merchandise.
* Assist with shift change by counting money in cash drawer at the beginning and end of a shift.
* Uses special equipment to process specialty products, such as money orders, credit card purchases, checks and lottery sales and redemption’s.
* Check identification for restricted sales.
* Checks and replenishes stock on food service supplies such as cups, lids condiments, napkins, straws, and stirrers.
* Cleans and sanitizes all equipment used for service or stocking food service products using the three sink method.
* Cleans all areas, using proper cleaning procedures and materials, including (but not limited to) counter tops, microwaves, shelves, floors, windows, cooler doors, food service equipment, restrooms, and parking lots.
* Cleans and empties trash containers.
* Stock shelves and cooler, rotates and front faces stock. Removes all damages and out of code merchandise from the shelves. Price merchandise according to the price book.
* Check in vendor deliveries as needed using company guidelines.
* Complete bad merchandise form.
* Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned to accommodate store operational needs.
* 18 years of age or older
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
* Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication)
* Ability to lift 10 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally