What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Application Engineer/ Application Cybersecurity Engineer
We are seeking candidates to work remote that are preferably on EST/CST due to the time difference in working with other members of the team. If a candidates is on the MST/PST time zone and willing to work East Cost hours, they will be considered.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide Security support to a dedicated instance of Qlik’s SaaS products running in a US federal cloud infrastructure.
- Lead incident responses, working with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Working as part of the Security team to deliver status of features and products.
- Independently plan, execute and document Penetration Tests conforming to industry best practices.
- Promoting and inspiring software security best practices and guidelines.
- Assisting stakeholders in designing, developing, and testing features with software security in mind.
- Producing threat models against proposed features and suggesting defensive countermeasures.
- Working with third parties to reproduce reported security vulnerabilities and liaise with R&D teams to develop fixes.
- Verifying the output of automated vulnerability assessment tools / scanners to identify false-positive findings.
- Performing penetration tests using manual methods and automated tools.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- An understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Cyber Security.
- Experience with the OWASP testing guide and the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE).
- Experience in the creation of full and detailed penetration test reports for company executives.
- Experience in the creation of full and detailed penetration test reports for Developers, including setting prioritization and providing mitigation advice.
- Comfortable interfacing with external security professionals to explain implementation technical details
- Experience with responding to zero-day threats, explaining the appropriate risks to senior management and working with Developers to implement mitigations.
- Experience in operating in confidential work environments.
- Experience with SIEM systems.
USA- King of Prussia, PA
USA- New York, NY
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- Resident of the United States.
- Self-driven and results-oriented with strong will to succeed.
- Naturally organized with determination to deliver excellence.
- Excellent documentation & presentation skills.
- Driven in constantly learning new skills in the area of software security.
- Proven experience in a software security role.
- Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux.
- Familiarization with standards and regulations such as PCI, FIPS 140-2, SOC 2, ISO 27001 etc.
- Experience with mobile security (iOS. Android).
- Experience working with one or many of current cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience with running Incident Response table top exercises.
- Experience of working with micro services architectures.
- Experience of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
USA- King of Prussia, PA
USA- New York, NY
- A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row!
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Take Responsibility, Be open and straightforward
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Learn more about our academic program
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik
“For US job openings, candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be considered for employment with Qlik.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value the diversity of our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected category or characteristic. If you need assistance due to a disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.