BayCare is currently in search of our newest Physical Therapist Assistant who is passionate about providing outstanding customer service to our community. We are looking for an individual seeking a career opportunity with one of the largest employers within the Tampa Bay area.
- Assists Physical Therapists with the administration of interventions utilized in physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- May progress patients/residents in the treatment plan developed by the physical therapist.
- May provide direct clinical supervision for Rehabilitation Technicians, Massage Therapists, Athletic Trainers and Fitness Specialists.
Team members with temporary permits must work under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist that has been licensed for a minimum of six months. A supervising licensed Physical Therapist may only supervise one permittee at any given time.
- Customer service skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate and work with a team
- Organizational skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Computer skills appropriate to position
- Work independently
BayCare offers a competitive total reward package including benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k match and additional yearly contribution, yearly performance appraisals with merit increases, yearly team award bonus, community discounts and the chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
Certifications and Licensures
Required – BLS (Basic Life Support) –
Required – PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) –
Or – PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) – Temporary –
And – PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) – within 6 months –
Required – Associate’s – Physical Therapy –
Preferred – Bachelor’s – Physical Therapy –
Preferred – 1 year – Physical Therapy Assistant –