MCPc is a global data protection company that improves the security and financial well-being of our clients.
We protect data, manage the complexity and sustainability of technology, empower employee performance, and ultimately reduce business risk.
Our Chain-of-Custody Security Solutions (SM) Platform provides holistic end-to-end lifecycle management to protect data on the most vulnerable cyber-attack surfaces – every smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop, and IoT device our clients use to do business every day.
With headquarters in Cleveland, OH, MCPc has a global footprint to do business in 80 countries. 2020 will see new operations opening in Mississauga, Canada, just southwest of Toronto, and in Tilburg, Netherlands to service Europe. We serve our clients through five integrated business units: Secure Technology Logistics, Managed Security Solutions, Secure Technology Asset Disposition, IT Asset Management, and IT Talent Solutions.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are focused on recruiting, training, and retaining top talent at every level in our organization.
The Documentation Specialist is responsible for creating work-flow diagrams, work instructions, and other documents in support of ongoing or new customer business. The Documentation Specialist will also be responsible for updating existing work instructions, work flow diagrams, and assist with maintaining quality control check lists and process improvement.
* Authors clear and comprehensive documents that describe business processes and information.
* Analyzes source material and work with subject matter experts to determine how information should be written and structured.
* Identification of process gaps or variations
* Involved in process improvement strategies and implementations
* Identify, analyze and improve upon existing business processes
* Prepare a quarterly review of updated documents and processes
* Work closely with other members of the CSI Team to document processes and update existing documentation
Skills and Attributes Required:
* General experience with knowledge management tools and process documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced changing environment.
* Ability to work independently and to sustain positive relationships with team members, managers and customers.
* Organized with a willingness to approach challenges in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations..
* Aptitude to learn various IT disciplines at a moderately complex level.
* Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
* Attention to detail and a strong work ethic required
* Proficient at technically-oriented writing and strong grammar skills.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, particularly to conduct interviews and ask questions in order to learn about the processes or subjects that need to be documented.
* Ability to organize information provided verbally or visually into a structured document or process flow diagram
* Good visualization skills to map out processes and create visually appealing documentation that is displayed publicly, i.e., instructions for using IT equipment that’s displayed in a conference room
* Comfortable working on internal or customer-facing projects.
* Some knowledge of IT concepts
Experience writing documentation and mapping processes is beneficial. An individual hired into this position may be expected to pursue the appropriate certifications (including those not listed in this job description) as detailed by immediate supervisor within the first year of employment.
* A High School Diploma or GED, with a minimum of 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
* Reliable transportation to travel to other work locations.
The Documentation Specialist position requires the ability to type, work from a computer monitor, communication (written and verbal) and read basic work instructions are a requirements.