We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
NOTE: While these are certainly challenging times right now, our temporary jobs will remain posted so that we are ready to move forward when the time comes. Please apply and we will be in touch with you as soon as it makes sense to do so. Thank you for your understanding.
This could be your next adventure!
Love of the outdoors is a common thread among Bean employees, whether we pursue active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And, we’re as passionate about our inspiring our customers as we are about the outdoors.
As a store employee, you’ll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country working with a team of outstanding service and outdoor enthusiasts! And we give all of our employees one-third off just about everything we sell!
Discover what makes an L.L.Bean employee so amazing!
Without exception they –
* Approach and engage each customer.
* Listen! Then provide the level of service each customer requires.
* Are genuine! (people can tell when they’re not)
* Build trusting relationships- they establish a personal connection before sharing their expertise
* Use technology and resources to provide seamless, fast omni-channel service.
And at the end of the day –
* Coworkers like working with them!
* Their customers praise them!
* They are unflappable and can turn a challenge into a service opportunity.
* They are credible. They talk about our core outdoor activities and even participate in some of them.
* They help people improve their well-being. They actively promote and create excitement around L.L. Bean sponsored activities including Outdoor Discovery programs or the L.L. Bean Credit Card.
* They demonstrate Bean’s values – from their heart and from head to toe.
* They prove every day that they pay attention to merchandising standards while assisting multiple customers (folding, replenishing, sizing, organizing). They manage to contribute to a well-organized back of house too!
* They may even engage in light housekeeping duties when needed.
The occasional side trail requires employees to
* Answer inbound customer calls at a rapid rate and use multiple systems (including L.L.Bean.com) to process orders and answer customer questions quickly and accurately in an extraordinarily helpful and friendly manner
* Pick & Ship product from the floor to fill orders (using POS)
Are these things in YOUR backpack?
* Passion — for serving customers and for the outdoors!
* A smile!
* Proficiency with technology and learning new systems
* Adaptability and openness to change as business processes change or sales floor needs fluctuate.
* Schedule availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Knowledge that a safe and healthy workplace is everyone’s responsibility
Education Level: High School or GED
Comments: Some Experience Required
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. That’s why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.