About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Telemundo Atlanta is a premier Spanish-language television station providing award-winning local news and programming. Telemundo Atlanta is available to the Atlanta DMA on a million watts full power over-the-air signal on channel 47.1. Telemundo Atlanta has received 61 Emmy Awards since 2012, including the top honor of Station Excellence in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 and News Excellence in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Telemundo Atlanta was nominated for Best Newscast and News Excellence in 2020. Telemundo Atlanta is the first Spanish-language television station to receive the coveted Overall Station Excellence recognition in Georgia. Telemundo Atlanta produces essential daily local news, which can also be accessed over our website and mobile application.
Telemundo Atlanta (WKTB) is looking for a dynamic Local Sales Manager ready to take a growing station to the next level. The ideal candidate will lead the local team to exceed budgets on broadcast as well as our digital and OTT products. Candidates should have the ability to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple challenges simultaneously. Candidate must also be able to take initiative and ownership of a Local Sales Team’s business results.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Manage, develop, oversee Telemundo Atlanta local sales for: On-Air, Website/Mobile, Events to achieve and exceed target revenue goals.
– To consistently create and execute creative innovative selling opportunities using all of the
various Telemundo Atlanta products.
– Identify and assess sales opportunities and apply resources and strategies appropriately to
maximize sales revenue.
– Develop sales and marketing strategies and materials for digital, video and mobile
sales, including strategic partnerships.
– To apply experience to put sales processes in place to maximize efficiencies and sales revenue.
– Must have desire to continually learn the most current digital, video, mobile and media.
offerings to stay ahead of industry offerings.
– Create weekly revenue projections and reports to management.
– Must encourage/empower Account Executives to maximize sales potential through training and sales materials.
– Must lead by example and empower and collaboratively work with sales and marketing teams.
– Will gather, analyze and present data, sales numbers/projections and market research/ratings.
to reach sales goals and properly predict sales revenues.
– Work alongside the VP/GM on all Media Sales opportunities including National and Local.
broadcast, OTT, Digital, Events, etc.
– The ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the local advertising community is a must.
– Candidates should have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple challenges simultaneously.
– Candidate must also be able to take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance. As a Local Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as away from the station, meeting with clients and attending sales calls.
– Experience Requirements: Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales management experience.
– A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers The ability to analyze issues. thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively.
– Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations.
– Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
– Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
– Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
– Has a passion to build and maintain strong client relationships.
– Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and OTT.
– Has a track record of success in new business development.
– Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
– Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
– Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Education: Bachelors Degree referred, not required.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to , you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now“, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.