For over twenty years, SMART Software has been helping business-owners see higher returns with cutting-edge, first-class, industry leading solutions for any type of service company. Our complete, premium software solutions focus on increasing workflow efficiency and results in reduced overhead and higher revenues. Our unique approach based on efficacy and efficiency provides new opportunities for business-owners to get organized, optimized and operate a more profitable venture. We are looking to expand our workforce with team-oriented individuals with a positive mindset. We offer competitive pay, benefits, vacation, PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k).
The mission of the Web Developer is to work with our software application team to achieve our business’ digital goals. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with Full Stack development experience, and an ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand upon our existing software products. The Web Developer will be responsible for implementing feature requests on our existing online entities, as well as gathering requirements and implementing new internal and external products as the need arises.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Other duties as assigned.
B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or 3+ years relevant field of work preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills who possesses the ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers, and across departments.
Experience with many of the following languages and principles:
- Angular, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET Core, TypeScript, Entity Framework Core, Ruby on Rails, Unit Testing, Git, Responsive Design, REST API Design.
- Experience with TFS, JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- 2+ years of professional development experience preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Travel not required.
J&J Ventures is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.