Supporting Senior Markets Performance Optimization and Growth leaders, this Administrative Assistant, Specialist is critical to the success of the Blue Shield of California Senior Markets Department in realizing their goals and objectives. This individual will play a key role as part of the Senior Markets team in delivering and collaborating on all aspects of the supported functions.
* Primary Administrative Assistant duties for the Senior Director, Performance Optimization, Director, Project Management Office, and Director, LatinX Strategy
* Supporting ongoing organizational and administrative improvements
* Manages scheduling and calendars for supported leaders.
* Coordinates travel and prepares monthly expense reports
* Provides administrative support for a variety of projects and tasks, including collaborative projects shared by the Administrative Team
* Liaises and collaborates with EAs and administrative personnel throughout the company as needed
* Assists with preparation for department meetings as well as team engagement activities
* Uses automated office equipment and business applications as needed such as PowerPoint, Excel, expense management and travel booking software.
* May be responsible for the preparation of reports, graphs, and presentations, conducting research and illustrating data using spreadsheet, database and graphic software.
* Acts as an information source on organization policies and procedures.
* Assists with onboarding new employees.
* May coordinate special projects and department activities.
* Screens calls, takes and delivers messages, provides information to callers.
* Provides support on office logistics and protocols including IT, office supplies, equipment, phone/fax, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Internal expert on Blue Shield administrative systems highly preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree highly desired
* Minimum of 7 years Administrative Assistant experience required
* Experience supporting diverse group of leaders
* Strong communications skills and relationship management experience
* Experience coordinating and providing support in a fast-paced, complex environment
* Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and provide support in a fast-paced, complex environment
* Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Strong work ethic and ability exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information
* Resourceful team player who is focused on identifying solutions