Job Title: Maintenance Controller
Safety Sensitive: Yes
Title of Supervisor: Manager of Maintenance Control
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: No
Coordinates and communicates real time aircraft status and maintenance requirements between Flight Control, Maintenance, and Operations.
* Provide the Crew Scheduling and Flight Control Departments with real-time aircraft status focusing primarily on aircraft in work, awaiting maintenance, and/or awaiting parts.
* Assist in tracking, updating, and scheduling of service checks and inspections.
* Advise aircraft crews on maintenance discrepancies and proper procedures for corrective action.
* Assist contract maintenance and crews in diagnosis/troubleshooting of maintenance discrepancies.
* Arrange, provide shipping labels, and pack parts to ensure the most timely repair solution for AOG maintenance.
* Authorize deferral maintenance items in accordance with Delta Private Jets MEL, CDL, and GMM procedures.
* Track all deferred items and coordinate with parts and scheduling to affect a timely repair.
* Make timely decisions on schedule changes to resolve conflicts between the maintenance schedule and daily operations schedule.
* Monitor all maintenance and ensure maintenance paperwork for correctness and proper routing prior to releasing aircraft for service to Flight Control.
* Authorize aircraft for return to service prior to any flight.
* Arrange for maintenance at remote stations for AOG maintenance on aircraft and/or ferry flight inspections.
* Ensure only qualified mechanics perform maintenance on the aircraft fleet in accordance with the Delta Private Jets General Maintenance Manual.
* Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Control or higher authority.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Must hold a current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
* Minimum three years of aviation maintenance experience with maintenance control experience in Part 135 and/or 121 preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check. As an equal opportunity employer, Delta Private Jets recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity. EEO is the Law.
Accommodation for Applicants With Disabilities: Delta Private Jets, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send a fax to 859-334-6552. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as the subject line of your email or as the title of your fax document.