This position will support operations for ACTEnviro by conducting environmental services and collections while observing safety protocols (proACTive).
· Process and consolidate various chemicals, including bio-hazardous materials
· Assist with loading and shipping hazardous waste, including biological waste
· Inspect hazardous waste storage areas and documentation
· Label and organize containers in compliance with all regulations
· Responds to emergency situations when called upon
· Clean dock/facility as directed by client or management
· Attend and maintain all required training necessary to perform job
· Perform safe work practices involving chemical, radiological and bioactive agents
· Availability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· One (0-1) year prior experience in the hazardous materials/waste industry
· One (0-1) year with Forklift certification (clean driving record)
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively
· Maintain a clean and organized workspace
· Ability to pass a pre-employment background screen, physical, and drug-screen
· High school education or equivalent
· Experience in the hazardous materials/waste industry preferred
· Successfully completed HAZWOPER 40 hour (must have copies if certified), a plus
· ACTenviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
· This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties of someone in this position would perform. All employees of ACTenviro are expected to perform tasks assigned by ACTenviro management/supervisory personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties
ACTenviro is a nationally-recognized, employee-owned company involved in all facets of hazardous waste management. As a single-source provider of hazardous and biological waste management, recycling, disposal, treatment, health and safety, and compliance services, ACT is at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution.
We offer a wide range of great benefits and perks to our employees to ensure they feel at home with us. At ACTenviro, we have a family-oriented culture and environment without the normal corporate grind. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits for employee, company-matching 401K contributions, regular recognition and rewards, and many company-sponsored, family events away from work. Come join us at ACTenviro, where we don’t just see you as an employee, we see you as something much more!
ACTenviro is a Forward-Thinking, Professional Organization with Family Values and Customer Commitment.
Please visit www.actenviro.com to learn more about ACT.