Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Under general supervision, patrols assigned territory to protect persons and property.
- Conducts vehicle and foot patrols for employee and patient safety, as well as parking enforcement, on a regular basis throughout the shift. Tours buildings and property, examining doors, windows and gates to assure they are secured. Inspects premises for such irregularities as signs of intrusion and interruptions of utility service and for safety hazards and protection of utility service
- Responds to specific employee, patient or clinic security needs
- Answers alarms and investigates disturbances
- Writes reports of irregularities
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations
- Has regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED; successful completion of the IAHSS Basic Training Manual and Study Guide for Healthcare Security Personnel and the Management of Aggressive Behavior course within six months of hire date
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification or the ability to obtain certification within six months of hire date
- Successful completion of the Basic Training Manual and Study Guide for Healthcare Security Officers (IAHSS) and the Management of Aggressive Behavior course within six months of hire date
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the security field
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to work in a professional health service environment
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, patients, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of previous security experience, or experience commensurate to the position
- Work requires prolonged standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to read and write appropriate reports.
- Able to work in demanding situations and work irregular hours.
- Work is performed both in an office environment and outside in all weather conditions.
- Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.