Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations. We’re more than just a book company, we’re a gateway to knowledge–harnessing our insights to help improve student outcomes and shape the future of education as we know it.
- Follett serves over half of the students in the United States.
- Working with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content.
- We’re higher education’s largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent.
- We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people’s lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader at a premier campus location, and want to pursue a rewarding career path, consider joining Follett, where employees are considered the cornerstone of Follett’s business.
What we offer:
Competitive Compensation – As a compliment to your Retail Merchandising Leadership experience we offer a highly competitive hourly rate!
Excellent Medical Benefits — We are committed to helping our employees and their families lead healthy, productive lives. Our benefits packages and wellness programs help our employees succeed at work and at home. Follett offers a wide array of plans in its flexible benefits programs with options that allow each employee to structure a benefit package tailored to meet his or her family needs. Offering 3 medical plans with an HSA (Heath Spending Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) to assist with co-pays and prescriptions. Dental, Vision, Life Insurance Plans, Short & Long-Term Disability and so much more! You will be eligible to participate in our benefit program on the 1st day of the month following your date of hire.
Retirement Savings Plans — Eligible to contribute to the Retirement Savings Plan and receive the company match contributions on the 1st day of the month following your date of hire. Matching $0.50 to every dollar contributed up to 4% of your compensation.
Vacation — Per our Retail Policy you will be eligible to accrue up to 80 hours of vacation., 8 sick days and 3 personal days based upon your date of hire.
Culture — You will be part of an engaging environment. Inspiring Team Spirit, Purpose, Growth, and Development opportunities. Working closely with Campus Administrators, Faculty and Students.
Work / Life Balance — The best benefit of all is our ability to provide an excellent opportunity to work Monday — Friday with occasional weekends to attend UC Merced Athletic Events, Homecoming, and other exciting events on campus throughout the year.
Career Development — Be a part of company where you’ll have the freedom to achieve your goals in an environment that cares about your career development.
What we need:
We are looking for a results-driven experienced Department Manager General Merchandise l to be responsible for the overall store management at the University of California Merced campus bookstore, located in Merced, CA.
You will manage the General Merchandise department at a large store including managing employee activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company. Coordinates sales promotions with the Home Office and manages execution in the store. This position also assists customers and suggests selection of products based on knowledge of current products, familiarity of offerings and customer interactions. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses. Effectively executes company programs and initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedure. Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, RCMS, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values – Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Associates, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
- Supervises the employees of the department including assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Supervises the Home Office regulated processes related to Return-to-Vendor (RTV) receiving and scanning.
- Assists customers in finding products.
- Manages the special-order functions and notifies customers.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle-Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Builds key partnerships with other store staff and campus organizations for promotional opportunities and special events and assist with off-site sales opportunities (e.g., graduation, basketball, football, author signings, etc.).
- Conducts store walkthroughs daily to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service levels.
- Manages the in-store merchandise display from stockroom to sales floor, serving as liaison between the Store and the Planner.
- Creates and maintains displays in compliance with company standards.
- Executes Home Office initiated markups and markdowns, analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
- Partners with the Store Manager to execute promotions and sales and ensures proper inventory levels based on sales and trends.
- May perform website maintenance and fill orders. Maintains price accuracy and merchandise availability on store website.
- Responds to student, faculty, staff, alumni and other customer questions and issues resolving escalated issues as necessary.
- May manage the store in the absence of the store manager or supervise other departments from time to time.
- May open or close the store.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of retail merchandising experience
- Bachelor degree preferred, HS Diploma or GED required
- 3 – 5 years of retail management, academic retail experience a plus!
- Experience with merchandising, planograms, visual displays, merchandise replenishment. and inventory management.
- Strong communications, written and verbal.
- Customer service skills, providing an excellent customer experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, time management and organizational skills.
- General Computer Skills