Do you enjoy putting your technical skills to use in an ever-changing industry? If so, you came to the right place! You’ll be a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) Industry 4.0 team. The Industry 4.0 AME Team owns and maintains the engineering standards for electrical, automation, robot and test equipment for the company. You will be responsible for designing and integrating software systems for test equipment platforms. You will be assigned to New Product Introduction (NPI) programs and/or Run-The-Plant (RTP) projects to steer product cost out and factory productivity. Excited to learn more?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Technical Responsibilities (80%):
- Drive Results: Manage software application and electrical instrumentation portions of new and existing equipment. Support new product designs, factory capacity or efficiency additions, and quality improvement goals. Typical project scope involves receipt of functional requirements, design, installation and qualification of the manufacturing test equipment.
- Do What You Love: Provide advanced manufacturing programming and electrical design including conceptualization, development and implementation of manufacturing and laboratory test equipment. Responsibilities can extend across all areas of manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
Standards and Compliance (10%):
- Collaboration Is Key: Work with functional managers to ensure test equipment & processes support business initiatives of Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomic Design and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM). Ensure all equipment executed in GEA factories comply with Industry (ANSI, ISO, NFPA, UL) and Governmental Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.
Cross-functional Work (10%):
- Grow Your Skills: Investigate new technologies for appliance manufacturing and recommend applicable new technologies to quality and business stakeholders.
- Your Expertise Is Needed: Deliver guidance to cross-functional team members regarding safety, performance and reliability testing systems. Utilize technical and project experience to add to the AME Industry 4.0 teams’ body of knowledge to deliver continuous improvement throughout the organization and company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications.
- Soliciting functional requirements, developing design concepts, and commissioning designs.
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members.)
- Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team.
- Good organizational, project management and presentation skills to interact with all levels within the organization as well with suppliers and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to guide decisions based on the overall benefit to the company.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ hands on & relevant software development.
- Professional knowledge of software programming (C#, Java, C++) and distributed architectural structures (server, client, security, reporting.)
- Experience with .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation.
- Experienced in designing and sustaining AWS, SQL or Oracle databases.
- Experience in Managed Extensibility Framework or equivalent frameworks.
- Experience with GitHub or other revision control repository technologies.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office, SQL, C# and Windows including network functions.
- Test, controls, or automation engineering experience with manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Experience with Test-Guided Development methodologies.
- Experience in Touch UX Design.
- Developing using Model-View-View Model (MVVM) methodology.
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) Certification or equivalent.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and SolidWorks Electrical.
- Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- 10-20% travel may be for domestic and/or international travel to supplier sites/ plants, etc.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends will be required.
GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.