Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment; negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patient handling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
The Hospice Field Service Technician (HSFT) is a unique and rewarding position. As a Hospice Field Service Technician, you will have the pleasure and responsibility providing equipment deliveries, pickups, and servicing of company owned equipment in a variety of settings including private homes and customer facilities. You will have the opportunity to provide support through patient and family education, care and maintenance of company owned equipment.
This unique position will require empathy, emotional intelligence, and compassion for our patients/customers. The rewards are remarkable not only to you, but also for our clientele of worthy patients. There is potential to earn the quarterly safety – vehicle bonus.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Compassionately deliver, timely set up and pickups of all Joerns owned equipment for patients in need.
· Instructs and demonstrates patient/care giver/nursing staff on proper and safe use of Joerns owned equipment
· Work/drive safely in all aspects of job, while obeying all traffic laws and company procedures. Safety is our #1 goal
· Completes vehicle safety checks (pre-trip and post trip inspections) with set procedures
· Has a strong understanding of phone technology
· Completes required paperwork / electronic documentation for all delivery, pick up, or service of equipment and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
· Rotates on-call availability (paid) with Team Members, including nights & weekends when required
· Cleans, disinfects, repairs, and quality checks all products as required in accordance with set up procedures (comprehensive in-house training provided)
· Completes all required training, including continued educational training. Joerns invest in our employees
· Loads and unloads equipment in an orderly and safe manner in accordance with set policies and procedures
· Shows empathy and compassion for customers/patients in every situation
· Rotates on-call availability with Field Service Technicians, including nights & weekends
Required Skills & Experience
· Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to read /follow instructions, map/GPS, and perform basic math functions.
· 2 years of customer service or comparable experience, i.e. CNA, medical, delivery driver, retail, hospitality, transport, home care, hospice, med tech, mobility devices, DME, medical equipment, warehouse, janitorial, mechanical, repair technician, etc.
· Must be dedicated to providing First In Class customer service with compassionate professional acumen
· Must have ability to work extended hours, including some evenings weekends and travel if required
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgement in the absence of manager.
· Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations
· Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations
· Must possess or be able to complete requirements of Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
· Previous driving/delivery experience
· Previous durable medical equipment (DME) experience is preferred
· Computer skills, such as experience with Outlook email, Microsoft Excel, and smart phones such as IPhone or Android
· Ability to work independently and in team environment
· Good communication skills (verbal and written), along with good organizational skills
· Previous Patient care experience
At Joerns Healthcare, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. In addition, the company offers a 401K program with a company match, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Joerns Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
High School Diploma or equivalent
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.