AZZ Galvanizing – Houston
On Target Earning (OTE) $114,000 – $140,000
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, selling galvanizing services into the fastener and discreet metal hardware industry into the using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Valid driver’s license under no type of suspension is required.
A minimum of four years sales experience is preferred. Candidate with knowledge of the fasteners and discreet metal hardware industry are strongly preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of the wholesale and distributor fastener markets is highly desirable. Well-developed sales skills. Excellent customer relations skills. Marketing and market planning knowledge. In-depth knowledge of target market industries.
- Answers customers’ questions about services, prices, time-lines and credit terms.
- Recommends services to customers based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Contacts regular and prospective customers to demonstrate services, explains product features, and solicits orders.
- Estimates or quotes prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consults with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and provides ongoing service.
- Prepares estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participates in organizations and clubs, and attends trade shows and conferences.
- Monitors market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Negotiates prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Collaborates with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Follows up on sales leads and makes cold calls to potential customers.
- Follows established budgetary restrictions.
Primarily air-conditioned office. Some exposure to outdoor elements and a production environment.