Zenith Logistics offers more than just another job. This is a CAREER OPPORTUNITY! We are the 3rd party operator of the Kroger Distribution Center in Louisville and we are looking for career-minded people to add to our ever growing team in our recession-proof industry. Our essential employees help take care of our communities by selecting orders and delivering food and other necessities to hundreds of Kroger stores in the area.
Supervise the activities of associates in an integrated, 24×7, grocery warehouse operation. Responsible for providing direction in the execution of all logistics, inventory control and labor relations goals and kpi’s.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to achieve prescribed operational objectives within established timelines and in accordance with quality, safety, inventory control contract and customer satisfaction guidelines.
- Tours the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems, and ensure compliance with safety, security and sanitation procedures.
- Makes recommendations to Management on programs and procedures to improve warehouse operations.
- Ensures efficient utilization of equipment.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Tracks and manages employee time, discipline and absenteeism
- Through coordination with Operations Management, provides coaching and training to meet operational goals.
- Ensures current and accurate inventory count and location for each account.
- Enforces and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations.
- Assists in ensuring the security of the facility and its employees, contents and surroundings.
- Ensure Safety program is in compliance with Zenith Management requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field a plus.
- Minimum 3 years distribution supervision (large retail or grocery) experience preferred.
- Prior experience with labor relations/ unionized environments/24×7 ops strongly desired.
- Ability to lead people and distribution system processes to get results.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Position requires strong customer orientation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively delegate and demonstrate ability to deal with conflict.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office and software applications, and accurate typing skills (25 wpm minimum).
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods.