Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for performing many of the same tasks as the Community Manager including sales, marketing, accounting and maintenance, but under the direction of the Community Manager.
The Assistant Community Manager should be fully capable of operating the property in the absence of the Community Manager. The Assistant Community Manager reports to and receives direction and supervision from the Community Manager with regard to daily operations of the property.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM-6PM
- Assisting with leasing activities and resident relations.
- Answering telephone.
- Maintaining courteous and helpful attitude to residents and prospects.
- Planning and directing social activities as needed.
- Inspecting move-outs and scheduling of apartments for turnkey as directed by the Community Manager.
- Inspecting apartments to ensure readiness in adherence to Company standards as directed by the Community Manager.
- Follow up on Service Requests and perform call backs per Company Policy.
- Verify completion and accuracy of Weekly Leasing Reports.
- The Assistant Community Manager is the primary recorder of income and expense information to the computer and assists training others to correctly operate the computer.
- Pays property level bills in accordance with company policy and dates established by Property Accountant and forwards cash disbursement journals to the Property Accountant.
- Verifies that invoices paid correspond to Purchase Orders issued and submits properly coded invoices to Community Manager for approval prior to forwarding on to Community Manager for payment.
- Updates and posts security deposits. Processes security deposit refunds and forfeitures and a timely basis in accordance with state guidelines.
- Verifies that information on move-in and renewal leases agree with information input into the computer.
- General maintenance, audit, and filing of property records.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a willingness to obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must have a working knowledge of CAM or ARM preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
The position requires the ability to physically inspect the property in its entirety, the ability to oversee any and all maintenance functions, assist with emergency measures as required, and the ability to withstand all weather conditions in excess of 90 degrees and below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 days of the year.
- Due to property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis.
- The position requires the ability to serve on-call as necessary.