The Access Coordinator III provides support to the transplant coordinators and other transplant staff as part of an organized multi-disciplinary team approach for the evaluation, treatment and follow-up care of the patient needing transplantation and related services. This position facilitates smooth and efficient departmental operations and communications and manages multiple simultaneous requests from transplant services personnel, referring physicians, patients and other health care personnel while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality. The Access Coordinator III will have an area of specialty designated (kidney or liver), and will be trained to those specific responsibilities per UNOS/CMS/UAMS guidelines. They will be cross trained to assume the responsibilities of all administrative counterparts in the transplant department.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
* Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
* Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
* Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
* Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
* Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
* Career Training and Educational Opportunities
* Merchant Discounts
* Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: offered commensurate with experience
* Communicates with and provides support to Transplant Services Department personnel to coordinate all aspects of referral, evaluation, treatment, and follow-up care of transplant recipients and living donors.
* Requires daily prioritizing of workload to best meet department needs and maintain full clinic schedules.
* Remains current with regulatory agency (UNOS/CMS) administrative requirements.
* Demonstrates effective service recovery skills; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines.
* Assists internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
* Schedules, reschedules, and coordinates appointments using the hospital systems by performing visit notifications of patients.
* Conducts pre-registration as needed, inputs and/or updates accurate patient information.
* Communicates as needed with current/potential patients, ensuring necessary appointments and medical records are obtained.
* Relays medical record/financial information needs to applicable team member.
* Communicates with patient’s dialysis unit and referring physician to ensure they are informed of patient’s progress in the referral process, both telephonically and by letter.
* Responsible for inventory, order, and stock supplies, clean and maintain equipment, pick-up and deliver mail to mailroom.
* Schedules surgeries and/or tests.
* Responsible for cancel and reschedule appointments as requested.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School GED or Formal Equivalent plus 3 years experience in registration, billing or scheduling in a healthcare environment.
* Good communication skills, computer/basic keyboard skills, telephone etiquette skills, and general knowledge of office machines including printers and scanners.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Knowledge in basic medical terminology required.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Stand: OccasionallySit: FrequentlyWalk: OccasionallyBend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: OccasionallyLift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or lessUse hands to touch, handle, or feel: OccasionallyTalk: ContinuouslyHear: FrequentlyTaste or smell: NeverRead, concentrate, think analytically: ContinuouslyPhysical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office EnvironmentNoise Level: QuietVisual Requirements: Color discrimination, Near visual acuityHazards: None