Do you enjoy working with people to solve problems and create new solutions? We are looking for people who like learning and working as a team to help customers while developing themselves professionally. Milton CAT is looking for the right team members to invest in as they launch their careers with us while helping us work effectively with more customers. As an Inside Sales Representative, you’ll have exposure to all areas of the company and work with team members located throughout our New England and New York dealership branches.
Our inside sales representative program is perfect for early career people and career changers, especially those interested in technical products and services. As a leading Caterpillar dealer, we are ready to provide an extensive training program to help the right people get started building their careers with us. You’ll typically be in our program for 18-24 months before applying for a larger sales territory or other opportunity within Milton CAT. During your time in the program, you will learn about our company, products, parts, services and processes. The program’s been the launchpad for many successful careers at Milton CAT. It might be right for you, too!
- Complete ongoing training and development programs.
- Work with new customers to establish a relationship with Milton CAT and process sales leads.
- Serve as a liaison between departments.
- Prospect via phone, email, LinkedIn and referrals to develop/qualify leads and drive revenue.
- Partner with field sales and product support representatives.
- Strong customer orientation – able to work with customers to understand their needs and solve challenges
- Self-motivated – take ownership for your territory and pride in it – able to work with minimal supervision
- Great teamwork
- Previous phone sales experience is a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities – and enjoy the variety
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Strong Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, CRM, etc.
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient mechanical knowledge or interest to learn about equipment, technologies and services so you can understand customer equipment opportunities and connect these to the appropriate area within Milton CAT.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks and drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.