PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital – Whittier, PIH Health Hospital – Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Good Samaritan Hospital Campus and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. The security officer shall support Good Samaritan Hospitals strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. All officers are expected to smile and greet each customer as they approach any security desk. Cell phones on duty for work purposes only ie photograph evidence, recording when needed, contacting law enforcement and calling or returning work related calls only.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Current state issued security officer license, showing no disciplinary action
- Guard Card
- Baton Permit
- Pepper Spray Permit
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment.
- CPI (Crime Prevention Intervention) within 3 mos of employment
- Current driver’s license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM . For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram .