Must have prior forklift experience!!!!!!!!!!
At Universal Pure, we’re dedicated to giving people everywhere safe, fresh, and delicious food to eat and drink. We provide high-pressure processing (HPP), value-added services and cold storage for our partners in the food industry. We are focused on safety and driven by service.
This Forklift Operator position will operate in our cold storage freezer warehouse. We will provide the necessary gear for the cold conditions.
1st Shift – 6am to 2:30pm
2nd Shift – 10am to 6:30pm
Warehouse / Forklift Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use a forklift or other power equipment to load, unload, move, stack, stage and count product and materials
- Performing inventory counts for accuracy and discrepancies
- Shipping and receiving duties as assigned
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving and put-a-way
- Safe and efficient operation of the vehicle
- Perform order filler and checker duties
- Maintain equipment and perform pre-operation checks according to policy
- Following health, safety, and cleanliness standards
- Other duties as assigned
Warehouse / Forklift Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years MHE/forklift experience
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Experience using warehouse management and inventory systems
- Refrigeration, warehouse, production or manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to perform basic mental math
- Ability to communicate in English (speak, read, and write)
- Ability to balance productivity, quality and safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Warehouse / Forklift Work Environment:
This role operates in a wet and cold/refrigerated environment (around -10 degrees F) located within a manufacturing, warehousing, and production type facility. Must be able to withstand cold temperatures for 8-10 hours a day.
Warehouse / Forklift Physical Demands:
This is largely a static role with standing, however, the ability to perform repetitive bending and standing up is also required. This would require the ability to lift 10-35 lbs. repetitively and up to 45 lbs. occasionally. Must also be able to push/pull up to 250 lbs on rollers occasionally.
At Universal Pure we offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and other health benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with a company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, and an attendance bonus. We are developing an effective, caring, and respectful team both in the HR department and across the organization and seek to add new employees who feel the same.
Interested? Let’s talk. Please apply today.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.“
“Upon offer of employment, candidates will be asked to complete a drug screening test. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of this test. Marijuana/THC will NOT disqualify an applicant.“
Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Worker