Company Name: Fry’s Food Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
* Clean up spills as needed, collect and pick up trash inside store and parking lot.
* Maintain cleanliness of department and other areas assigned.
* Once every hour log floor inspections and check restrooms, cleaning when necessary.
* Ensure caution/wet floor cones are in designated positions, stocked with paper towels and kept clean.
* Ensure that mats throughout the store (excluding carpeted produce departments) are clean and in proper place.
* Empty trash cans on sales floor, front end, and front entrance (including cigarette ash cans) and in all restrooms.
* Display a positive attitude.
* Respond to all clean-ups quickly and according to proper procedure. (According to service call)
* Ensure janitorial area is clean, organized and the eyewash sink is clean, functional and accessible.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Collaborate with team members to encourage teamwork.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Effective communication skills
Desired Previous Job Experience
* Retail experience
* Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Fry’s Food Stores: Fry’s Food Stores is headquartered in Tolleson, Arizona. The company employs more than 17,000 Arizona residents who help us serve more than one million households per week. Fry’s has been providing Arizonans with fresh food at famous low prices since 1960. Fry’s Food Stores is a proud member of the Kroger Co. based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Marana || 12100 N Thornydale Rd || 85658 || Fry’s Food Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Front End; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None