The Sales Manager is responsible for sales management activities, including; creating, monitoring, evaluating and implementing sales strategies to increase sales volume and average tickets. The Sales Manager is responsible for the sales’ team members, sale’s volume, expenses, market share, P&L statements and achievement of goals.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieving the budgeted sales and gross margin dollars outlined in the company plan, by (1) Ensuring that the company marketing campaigns and technician-generated leads yield budgeted number of calls to meet revenue goals. Supervising the salespeople to close 75% on technician leads, 50% on marketed leads.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services.
- Monitor and maintain Villara’s social media platforms, updating content and design on a regular basis.
- Ensure that, if the replacement business is slow, that outbound calls are made to generate leads.
- Ensure that the Client Service Representative Department sets budgeted number of scheduled service calls per day. When repair calls are below budget, set additional scheduled service calls to make up the deficit.
- Work very closely with the operations manager to coordinate sales and production to achieve the budgeted levels of production.
- Keep advertising expenses to budgeted amounts.
- Ensure that each of the Sales people, and the Marketing and Lead Coordinator fully understand and are fully trained on their required contributions to achieving the company plan.
- Ensure that all sales team members represent the company professionally at all times, are committed t o the 100% satisfaction of the company’s clients, as well as showing a positive team spirit in all dealings with other team members.
- Conduct at least one sales meeting each week with salespeople. Provide the daily report of sales and leads information to the accounting manager by 9 a.m. each day.
- Teach and demonstrate the company Code of Ethics and the Team Rules.
- Recruiting the right Team Members, Training those team members, and then Supervising, Administrating, and Motivating your team.