Warehouse Wave Planner
– Full Time with
$500 Sign-On Bonus
Days/Hours Required: Monday – Friday 2nd Shift 3:00pm – 12:00am
Hourly Pay: Starting at $15.00
Shades of Light is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce brands in the $800 billion home furnishings market. We strive to inspire our customers to distinguish their unique style with a highly curated selection of hand-picked and exclusive designs. Shades of Light started from humble beginnings in 1986 as a small, single retail location in historic Richmond, Virginia selling unique, high-style lighting designs. Since that time, the company has grown to become a national, multi-channel retailer of lighting and other home decor products, including rugs, furniture, mirrors, fans, and wall decor. True to its heritage though, the company has remained singularly focused on its curated collection of high-style products and unique lighting designs, many of which are produced in-house by the company’s own staff of highly trained artisans.
Conduct Shipping administrative processes and fulfill requests from Customer Service.
- Process orders as needed throughout the day.
- Promptly return all Customer Service Shipping quote requests.
- Anticipate and communicate all potential service failures to the Shipping Manager or Senior Shipping Lead immediately.
- Promptly investigate and respond to all Stop Shipment requests from Customer Service.
- Promptly investigate and respond to Customer Service tracking requests.
- Report Mid-day packer productivity figures.
- Assist in maintaining the Packer Productivity records.
- Clock 40 hours per week.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Team player
- Proven ability to proactively and professionally present feedback to management to foster a positive working environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with DC team members and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and remain focused in a fast-paced, growing work environment.
- Effective leadership skills and robust work ethic.
- Arrives at work on or before scheduled start time. Be an example to all Shipping team members.
- Basic computer and keyboard skills
- Proven dependability with a solid attendance record.
- Excellent office and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Efficient keyboarding skills (minimum 38 words per minute)
- Proven dependability with a solid attendance record
Physical demands of work environment:
- Continually required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Continual exposure to ambient weather conditions
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used such as forklifts and order pickers
- Frequently required to utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and use a keyboard.
We offer an attractive benefits package including health care, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, paid holidays and more!
**Shades of Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status**