Functions as a drug specialist and therapy consultant in promoting optimum medication use in patient care areas whose client base includes patients of all ages. Compounds, packages, labels, and dispenses drugs and intravenous admixture solutions; reviews and confirms accuracy of work performed by technical and pharmacy intern support personnel; reviews prescribed drug therapy for appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety based on specific data such as age of patient, disease state, and clinical status. Performs quality assurance, drug use evaluation, and adverse reactions reporting activities; participates in the application of all clinical services.
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy and licensed to practice in the State of California.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree or B.S. in pharmacy with equivalent experience.
- CA Licensed Pharmacist.
- Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate English to the degree required to perform the job
- Must be able to travel in and out of StanislausCounty, including transcontinental travel. If MMC and/or own vehicle used on company business, must possess valid California Driver’s License and upon request proof of liability insurance.
- Previous practical experience as a pharmacist of which part had been gained in a hospital or equivalent practice setting
- Residency in hospital pharmacy.
- Previous experience with a dedicated pharmacy computer system
- Experience with a personal computer and associated programs
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal/written interpersonal communication skills.