Servingthe greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, MemorialMedical Center MMC provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
MemorialMedical Center is an accredited ChestPain Center and STEMI(heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMCis part of Sutter Health, one of the nations top five large health systems thanksto its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneersmorethan 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Healths not-for-profit mission,these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal.From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and homeservices, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people intheir carenearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverseand innovative regions in the world.
Under direction of thePhysical Therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) is directlyresponsible for the performance of physical therapy treatments and other directrehabilitation services provided to acute care patients. All patient services are documentedappropriately and updated to justify continued intervention.
- Graduate from an accredited program of Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), or equivalent foreign physical therapy degree acceptable to the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Current PTA Licensure by the Physical Therapy Board of California, OR must obtain within 180 days of hire.
- Certified as a Basic Life Support provider (BLS).
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job
- Able to work frequent PM or weekend shifts
- An active member of American Physical Therapy Association.
- Previous experience in physical disabilities and rehabilitation in acute care setting.