Baker & Taylor (a Follett company) is one of the leading distributors of books, video and music products to libraries, institutions and retailers. We have been in business for over 180 years and have developed long-term relationships with major book and music labels. We have more than 36,000 customers in more than 120 countries. We ship more than 1 million unique products (SKUs) annually. We also maintain one of the largest in-stock inventories of books, videos and music in the U.S.
This position is in one of our Warehouse locations and is responsible for assigning work and monitors workflow. Maintains control of international shipments and corresponding paperwork.
This position pays $16.50 per hour and is a 2nd Shift Position (2:30pm-11:00pm)
Overtime is required and is based upon business demands. This may include up to 9 hours per day M-F and as needed on Saturday/Sunday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
- Assigns work to meet productivity standards and service level agreements (SLA).
- Ensures correct manifesting for international shipments.
- Ensures correct carrier codes and dispatches shipments.
- Performs assorted administrative duties including inventory, production tracking, quality auditing, and researching and rectifying problem orders.
- Operates equipment including computer terminals, printers, shrink-wrap machine, and forklift.
- Accepts increased decision making responsibility in supervisor’s absence.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently must stand and lift/move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally must stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk; hear; and lift/move up to 25 lb. Specific vision requirements include close vision.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- High school graduate or equivalent and one to three years of experience.
- PC, Exeter, and SOP system skills. Knowledge of power equipment operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively to customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.