Baker & Taylor (a Follett company) is one of the leading distributors of books, video and music products to libraries, institutions and retailers. We have been in business for over 180 years and have developed long-term relationships with major book and music labels. We have more than 36,000 customers in more than 120 countries. We ship more than 1 million unique products (SKUs) annually. We also maintain one of the largest in-stock inventories of books, videos and music in the U.S.
This position is in one of our Warehouse locations and operates company vehicles, machines, and equipment to transport products, cartons, or other items. Applies cartons to product stack/location and places label on carton.
This position pays $13.36 per hour and is a 2nd Shift Position (1:30pm-10pm)
Overtime is required and is based upon business demands. This may include up to 9 hours per day M-F and as needed on Saturday/Sunday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
- Ensures proper labeling and carton selection.
- Responsible for ensuring carton closure.
- Operates company vehicles and equipment as needed to transport products, cartons, or other items between service center and off-site warehouse.
- Unloads incoming box trucks as needed.
- Operates and maintains Power Case Sealer.
- Loads outbound used lease orders (truckloads).
- Takes outgoing and collects incoming mail from post office daily.
- Delivers and collects products from subcontractors.
- Performs month end counts on various supplies and inventory items.
- Performs other duties, including but not limited to:
- Sorting boxes from conveyer onto appropriate skids by carrier and zip code for UPS.
- Removing full skids from conveyer and placing in designated area by carrier using pallet jacks.
- Attaching shipping label to upper cardboard in appropriate place
- Replacing rolls of material on machine as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and lift/move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school education and three to twelve months experience.
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information to customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s and perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.