Job Class: Account Clerk Senior
Working Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 07/30/2020
Closing Date: 08/13/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State/Minnesota State University Moorhead
Division/Unit: Business Services
Appointment Type: Unlimited
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift; 8:00am-4:30pm
Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $18.92 – $25.59 /hourly; $39,505 – $53,432 /annually
Classified Status: Full Time
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
* Responsible for receipting, balancing and depositing all monies received at the University including student accounts receivable, non-student receivables, all University department and event deposits.Responsible for accurately depositing funds into University bank account.These responsibilities allow students, faculty and staff to see accurate account information daily.
* Process all payments for University students, activities, past due accounts, organizations, scholarships and collection agencies. Insure payments are posted to the proper Minnesota State accounts in ISRS.
* Process all manual credit card transactions, incoming EFT’s, wire transfers and MMB entries.
* Prepare deposits and make sure accuracy is maintained for all methods of payment with balancing of the daily cash drawer.
* Lockable bank bags are prepared for armored car service and stored in the vault. Maintain an armored car service pickup schedule and ensure only appropriate personnel enter the vault.
* Provide pleasant, courteous customer service to all customers and direct them to other departments or employees when appropriate.
* Answer telephone calls, emails and personal inquiries pertaining to all bills, payments, particular charges and completion of online forms.
* Work closely with Financial Aid, Registrars Office and other departments to understand or resolve any student account questions and direct individuals to appropriate personnel in other departments or offices when they have questions not handled by Business Services.
* Verify and load 3rd party accounts receivables based on outside agencies (guaranteed third parties), which includes Military, Rehab Services, and PSEO authorizations for students.
* Set up the application of authorized amounts to the individual student account.
* Ensure contracts are in place for PSEO and provide billing to vendors, State of Minnesota and school districts.
* Monitor the receipt of University and outside authorized scholarship/trust funds so monies are correctly appropriated and accurate accounting records are maintained for each scholarship account.
* Confirm accuracy of billing and refunds based on tuition rates, credits, residency status, room and board, bookstore, parking, etc.
* Invoice special registrations, past due accounts, and collection letters.
* Math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply and divide when working with deposits.
* Data entry skill sufficient to compile, sort, and verify data accuracy and typing skills to input data quickly and accurately.
* Ability to handle high volume of transactions, locate errors, and balance accounts.
* English with skills in spelling and grammar sufficient to respond to written and spoken communication.
* Skills sufficient to work with a wide variety of computer software applications.
* Experience with spreadsheets sufficient to perform functions using software programs such as Microsoft Excel to enter data and modify spreadsheets
* Customer Service Skills necessary to provide prompt, courteous, and accurate information to customers in person, on the phone, via e-mail or through other written correspondence
* Accounting skills sufficient to maintain complete and accurate financial records and balance and resolve discrepancies.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Accounting background and experience with accounts receivable.
* Accounting experience and knowledge of accounting principles.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Michelle Tinjum at email@example.com or 218.477.2054.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Return to Previous Page