Follett has been a trusted partner to Pre-K and K-12 schools, districts, and college campuses for more than 140 years, taking care of the critical details that make it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach and students to learn.
Every day, we serve over half of the students in the United States, and work with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We’re higher education’s largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent.
Our vantage point and presence in the market – from early childhood all the way through higher education – gives us a unique perspective to know what teachers are teaching and how students are learning; to know what professors are adopting; to know what college students are buying, and to know how they are acquiring content and interacting with new technologies and retail environments available to them.
We’re more than just a book company, we’re a gateway to knowledge—harnessing our insights to help improve student outcomes and shape the future of education as we know it.
The AP Financial Analyst and Data Manager is responsible for designing reports used to analyze financial data and to develop trend reporting from data, problem resolution and action planning as it pertains to inventory shortage, department statistical performance, safety, and audit programs. This position will lead the design and management of departmental financial reporting, the identification of inventory shortage issues, distinguishing and analyzing multiple components of a problem and providing conclusions using high-level quantitative skills to ensure resolution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: sales/financial data analysis, querying using SQL, and reviewing and understanding inventory reconciliation. This position will manage Follett’s hotline and case management program, including intake and assignment of reports, follow-up and quality control of case documentation, analyzing reporting trends, and developing monthly and quarterly reporting for Follett’s executive leadership and board of directors. Further this position is responsible for drafting, editing, and delivering all Asset Protection communications. This Manager will be required to work autonomously, leading assigned projects as dictated by business needs. Expertise in project management, strong communication and strong analytical skills are required to effectively partner with Asset Protection team members and other business units throughout the organization.
- Subject matter expert in reconciliation of inventory discrepancies. Analyzing significant reconciliation discrepancies to identify underlying causes and determine appropriate corrective action to resolve discrepancies ensuring timely and accurate resolution. Identifying trending characteristics of overage / shortage discrepancies with financial reporting, complete complex problem resolving to reduce discrepancies and implement action for sustained improvement.
- Administer all aspects of Follett’s hotline and case management program. Responsible for review and analysis of cases to ensure all reporting of information meets with company standards. Serves as impartial liaison between reporter and investigation representative to ensure high case quality and follow-up. Providing analysis and insights to Asset Protection leadership and Follett executive leadership including investigation status, case detail review, disposition activity and case synopsis. Lead and coordinate activities for continuous improvement of program changes / updates and recommend actions for increased awareness and acceptance. Actively manage the hotline and case management vendor relationship, including budgeting and invoice review, and issue escalation and resolution.
- Implements the design and distribution of asset protection training materials and communications across the organization. These materials include: departmental use documentation and presentations, general Asset Protection communications to Follett business units and/or enterprise wide, intranet training materials and links, and business continuity plan materials.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of related experience