Building 36, an Alarm.com subsidiary, is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial technology company, and we are seeking ambitious and self-directed individuals to join our Sales Team in Needham, MA. The Account Manager position will work in conjunction with the field sales team to identify and grow opportunities at existing and new large accounts within their territory, exclusively focusing on the onboarding/training/consultation process after contract signing.
Location Requirements: This position will be required to work full time out of our Needham, MA office
The Account Manager’s primary job responsibilities will include:
* Manage and develop relationships with key personnel at assigned customer accounts to increase satisfaction, engagement, growth, and retention by demonstrating value and improving customers’ businesses through effective utilization of the Building 36 solution.
* Develop a deep understanding of accounts’ operations, solution usage, and product and operational challenges in order to provide internal recommendations that reduce obstacles to value realization and barriers to satisfaction.
* Act as one of the primary points of contact for the account base for all communication inbound and outbound. Fully comprehend customers’ needs, articulate those needs to the appropriate internal parties such as Product Management and Technical Support as necessary. Facilitate a coordinated response that supports the overall account performance objectives.
* Act as liaison between field sales and product management teams to stay up to date on all product release timelines and initiatives to streamline communications internally and externally
* Collaborate with Field Sales to create and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to increase adoption of the Building 36 solution throughout the customer’s business
* Work with external and internal partners to understand training needs and execute live trainings and webinars, product updates, and other customer communications that help drive customer engagement, growth, and retention.
* Partner with Field Sales and conduct standard weekly account meetings as well as quarterly and annual business reviews to ensure full awareness and prioritization of product, marketing, and operational deliverables.
* Build and maintain accurate account databases in our CRM of record including key personnel, customer profile, project priorities and target dates, monthly reports (sales, installs, attachment rates, etc.), etc. that aid in strategic priority reviews.
* Analyze and assess the growth/risk potential of account base according to operational metrics, benchmarks, and targets for customer success (adoption, usage, health, satisfaction, etc.).
* Act as escalation point for technical issues after both partners internal technical team and B36 technical support team have attempted to resolve. Document challenges and escalate to product management team as necessary
* Attend industry association meetings and trade shows as necessary.
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3+ years of experience in client-facing roles, preferably in SaaS, IoT or other technology
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
* Excellent communicator, small group presenter and collaborator across all levels of internal and external organizations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong people skills; natural customer service orientation and disposition – candidate must enjoy working with clients and supporting internal customers in the organization
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* The ability and commitment to meet deadlines, even during high volume periods
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
* 5 years of experience in client-facing roles, preferably in SaaS, IoT or other technology
* Experience working in the HVAC, plumbing, or electrical industry in any capacity
* Proficiency in Salesforce
WHY WORK FOR BUILDING 36?
* Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high, and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
* Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Building 36 team!
* Gain well rounded experience: Building 36 offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
* Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and back-end application development and hosting.
* Focus on fun: Building 36 places high value on our team culture. We passionately challenge ourselves with high expectations and then routinely celebrate successes within and outside of office.
Building 36 offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Building 36 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.