DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to help grow and manage the business.
About The Team
Strategy & Operations Managers are the people responsible for the strategic development and growth of each side of our business. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Managers may work to define the value of a new initiative, run and refine experiments to drive company growth, dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and work side-by-side with cross-functional teams to develop our future product.
About the Role
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on…
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Innovate and execute on unique strategies across our three sided marketplace.
- Engage – implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are accountable – You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- You are an entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are an relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You have 3 – 5 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are an expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You have advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.