About Dorilton Capital:
We prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.
We work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. Dorilton views its role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.
We partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. We firmly believe in our companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.
About the Role:
The Accounting and Finance Team is primarily responsible for maintaining the books and records for Dorilton Capital Group and its related holding companies. We develop and deliver group-wide services that support out customers’ strategic objectives and drive sustainable competitive advantages. Our experienced team supports our investor, multiple Dorilton Capital Group management, our portfolio companies, and other internal stakeholders by providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis.
As a Staff Accountant, you will help support the accounting and finance operations and report to the Accounting Manager. Your responsibilities will include processing AP transactions and payments, billing, booking journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, as well as developing policies and procedures.
- Manage billing process and ensure collection of management fees and expense reimbursements
- Follow the accounting calendar to help close the books for multiple Group entities accurately and timely for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Prepare post-closing reconciliations including subledgers, prepaids, cash, and fixed assets
- Process and review employee expenses
- Lead and support various accounting projects to create efficiencies for the Accounting team
- Assist with the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with process accounts payable transactions and vendor payments
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA certification a plus
- Superior excel skills
- Intimate understanding of GAAP
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and Concur a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker