Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Finance & Accounting
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Accounting Associate
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business. In this role, you will execute the necessary bookkeeping tasks, such as data entry, reconciling of accounts, as well as preparing accounting reports and facts in accordance with enacted processes and guidelines. The ideal candidate will improve and expedite the accounting close procedures across a number of Gemini’s businesses while working with various internal departments to develop financial reporting solutions and clarify accounting-related issues for both new and ongoing projects. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Finance.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities, including activity report generation, journal entry preparation, and bank account reconciliation
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports and manage state reporting deadlines
- Develop and implement Gemini’s accounting policies and procedures related to international operations
- Manage Gemini’s accounts receivable process
- Prepare, issue, and file applicable tax documents on behalf of customers
- Prepare and maintain schedules for fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Reconcile the general ledger to the firm’s proprietary systems each reporting period
- Collaborate with Cash Management, Custody, Data, and Product Teams to develop new products, new processes, and monitor the reporting of internal systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA license preferred
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Accounting, Audit, or Tax
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- International accounting and/or tax experience a plus
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.