Rewards Network is the leading provider of capital & marketing services to the restaurant industry and the premier provider of dining rewards programs to the largest loyalty brands in the U.S. We offer unique products that use advanced technology to bring diners to restaurant clients.
Our employee’s work hard knowing Rewards Network is focused on results in every aspect – from people and processes to our final product. In return, our employees receive autonomy to make decisions that affect the business and provide career satisfaction.
Our culture is one of collaboration, accountability, and fun. Expectations are high, whether you’re working in our corporate office nestled along the Chicago River, providing support to customers & clients from our Hollywood-based support center, or bringing value directly to clients in field sales.
Join us; you’ll find a respectful environment that empowers employees, embraces trust, provides challenges, and promotes transparency in your daily work-life.
Mission: For over 30 years, Rewards Network has worked to help restaurants grow. As the leading provider of capital and marketing products to the restaurant industry, we focus on bringing value to our clients every day.
With the arrival of CEO Dan Kazan in 2014, we enhanced our leadership, technology, and sales teams, fostering a rapid open working environment, team collaboration, and innovation. Above all, we let data and informed experimentation drive our decision-making.
And we’ve only just begun.
Are you motivated by professional success? When a goal is set are you persistent and determined to reach it? Do you have the ability to keep a positive attitude when the going gets tough? Have you worked in a solutions based sales environment? Would you enjoy selling marketing and financial services to the restaurant and bar industry?
If those sound like areas you excel at then the Account Executive (outside sales) role with Rewards Network is for you. This position is heavily focused on generating new clients within the restaurant and bar industries. You need to be able to generate leads through canvassing (door knocks) within your territory, set qualified appointments, conduct solutions-based presentations with the goal of securing new business on a month-to-month basis.
What We Offer
- Base salary, uncapped commission, capped monthly bonus, and residual earnings on future renewed business. Plus, monthly transportation allowance.
- Virtual work environment including all necessary technology (cell phone, laptop, scanner, printer, etc.) to excel in a remote capacity.
- Robust group benefits, including, but not limited to medical, dental, long & short-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401K plan with company match.
- Annual paid time off, personal days, company holidays, plus work anniversary and birthday’s off too.
- Sales Academy – We provide in-depth training to our new hires to learn as a group. Real life lessons and a thorough understanding of our products and solutions giving you vast confidence as you interact with clients. After all, Your Success is our Success.
- Bi-weekly reimbursement when you dine with our nationwide restaurant and bar clients.
- Dedication to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire new restaurant/club/bar accounts within a defined territory by closing deals for business solutions such as merchant cash advance and marketing services through outside sales efforts.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of prospects throughout assigned geography, set up in-person meetings with decision makers to discuss products/services and move the sales process forward.
- Ability to make a great first impression and maintain active engagement with new and existing leads; innate ability to build relationships by interacting with prospective clients.
- Meet weekly and monthly sales objectives (cold calls, appointments, presentations & closed deals).
- Collaborate with account managers, internal contract operations, and inside sales representatives to ensure individual and company goals are met.
- Maintain awareness of all product developments, new services, and internal changes in policy, technology, and sales initiatives.
- Retain and manage performance of top 20% book of business to ensure client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred. High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) and 6 years of related experience; or Associate’s degree and 4 years of related experience required.
- 2 years of sales experience is required; experience cold-calling businesses that have a need for financial and marketing services products preferred.
- Proven experience in growing new business in a hunter mentality; aggressive and self-motivated to drive business in a remote outside sales environment.
- Structured methodology for acquiring new business, territory planning and pipeline management.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to have a confident discussion related to fees, acceptance, and finances.
- Excellent verbal, auditory and written communication skills, including the confidence to interact and make presentations with prospective clients in a way that projects Rewards Network’s differentiation in the marketplace.
- Proficiency in MS Office/Outlook and Salesforce or other CRM system.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.